We believe in widespread consultation, viewing it as essential to securing the best possible development – and the proper responsibility of a good neighbour in Swansea Bay. We have always sought to be transparent and accessible, and have aimed to meet and exceed the legal requirements for consultation and to follow local and national best practice in all respects.
Development Consent Order
The Development Consent Order (DCO) for Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon was granted by the Secretary of State on 9th June 2015. There are no more open consultations with regard to the DCO. A copy of the DCO and supporting documents can be viewed in our document library.
Tidal Lagoon Swansea Bay Plc is awaiting the determination of the Marine Licence from Natural Resources Wales.
The Marine Licence application had an initial period of public consultation which ran from Friday 14 March to Friday 25 April 2014 . NRW does not publish advice on responding to consultation, but invites queries via email at email@example.com, quoting our application reference ORDML145.
Further environmental information has been submitted to NRW. Notification of this further information was published in both the South Wales Evening Post and Fishing News on 29th July 2016 and 5th August 2016. The consultation period for public comments is a period of 42 days from the date of each notice.
All of the Marine Licence documents can be viewed on our website or in hard copy at the five locations listed below.
• City and County of Swansea Civic Centre, Oystermouth Road, Swansea, SA1 3SN. Opening hours: Monday-Thursday 0830-1700, Friday 0830-1630, Saturday 1000-1500.
• Neath One Stop Shop, Civic Centre, Neath, SA11 3QZ. Opening hours: Monday-Thursday 0830-1700, Friday 0830-1630.
• Port Talbot Civic Centre, Port Talbot, SA13 1PJ. Opening hours: Monday-Thursday 0830-1700, Friday 0830-1630.
• Oystermouth Library, Dunns Lane, Mumbles, Swansea, SA3 4AA. Opening hours: Monday-Thursday 0900-1800, Friday 0900-1900, Saturday 0900-1700, Sunday 1200-1600.
• TLSB, Suite 6, J-Shed, King’s Road, Swansea, SA1 8PL. Monday-Friday 1030-1700.
Active Supporters Group
The independent Active Supporters Group (ASG) for Swansea Bay Tidal Lagoon has just short of 1,000 members. If you support the project and would like to join the ASG please contact:
- ASG, Swansea – Chris Kelly chriskellyASG@gmail.com
- ASG, Neath Port Talbot – Ian Isaac/Bob Cherryman ianisaacASG@gmail.com
- ASG, Mumbles – Tony Cuff tonycuffASG@gmail.com
- ASG, Gower, Wales and UK – Alan Glass alanglassASG@gmail.com
Joining the ASG is a simple and powerful way to express your support for the Project, and can involve as little or as much time as you are prepared to give. We really do appreciate any support and look forward to keeping the ASG up to date on all aspects of the Project.