Highly competitive package including excellent base salary, pension and additional benefits.
Tidal Lagoon Power is leading the innovation and implementation of tidal lagoon technology within the UK, initially focussed on the development the world’s first tidal lagoon at Swansea Bay and quickly followed by a substantial programme of further lagoons. It aims to bring sustainability, reliability and long-term security to the UK energy mix.
Please note: this role will be based in Gloucester for the first three months and then Swansea will become the permanent place of work.
Purpose of the role:
This role is responsible for sourcing, screening, and delivering a highly qualified pool of talent to the Tidal Lagoon Swansea Bay project.
The role will:
- Contribute at an operational level in order to identify resourcing priorities and recommend appropriate methods of attraction and identification of talent that will support the project aims.
- Provide expert professional advice and support to hiring managers on all aspects of the recruitment cycle, resourcing, screening, interviewing and on boarding which fully reflects the Board’s desire to be an employer of choice.
- Manage the recruitment budgets.
- Ensure clear communications with HR in respects to all aspects of the recruitment cycle to enable a seamless on boarding experience for new starters.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- In consultation with the Director of Engineering and Construction and Head of HR, forecast resourcing needs for the Tidal Lagoon Swansea Project. As well as setting realistic timescales for the on boarding of staff to support the overall strategic aims and objectives of the Project.
- Develop recruitment and resourcing strategies to identify and attract top talent to support the business project objectives.
- To coordinate and manage recruitment across the project and provide consistent support to hiring managers in the recruitment process.
- Keep the Financial Controller updated with all changes to staffing that may impact on the budget or forecast.
- Pre-screen incoming CVs, background checks and referencing.
- Conduct initial screening interviews, telephone interviews and or face to face interviews with prospective applicants.
- Negotiate competitive terms of business with agencies and Executive Search firms.
- Build and maintain a preferred Master Vendor (MV)/supplier list of agencies that can support the project to ensure we keep to proposed timescales.
- Manage and coordinate the preferred MV/supplier list by tracking and reporting on their progress, set KPI’s and review periods with them.
- Ensure the candidate has a good experience when interviewing with the company.
- Working closely with the HR team to ensure that all recruitment requirements and compliance are monitored and completed at an excellent standard.
- Utilise social media and LinkedIn to ensure a strong pipeline of candidates are being delivered to the project.
- Direct sourcing of candidates through advertising, head hunting and use of all digital and social media platforms.
- Ensure candidates have a good experience whilst going through the recruitment process. Timely communication throughout the recruitment process to ensure there is no fall out.
- Improve careers website to attract talent.
- Be instrumental in the company becoming an employer of choice.
- Keep up to date with legal developments and advise management on compliance and risk factors.
Benchmarking & rewards
- Where necessary work with the Head of HR to gather and analyse market data to measure the competitiveness of the salaries and packages companywide and make recommendations as appropriate.
- Ensure that all Remuneration, Reward and recognition packages are in line with the company remuneration scheme. Make recommendations to the Head of HR of appropriate Project related bonus schemes for the various tiers of staff as appropriate reflecting the key drivers of the business.
- In consultation with the CFO, make recommendations and, once approved, then implement an appropriate Employee Benefits scheme commensurate with the Company’s stage of development.
- Assist with the annual salary review process, as and when required.
- Providing resourcing advice and guidance, acting as a single point of contact to the business.
- First stage sifting of candidates for Area Managers and Directors to shortlist on to interview.
- Maintain the information held on the applicant tracking system and update throughout the process in a timely and accurate manner and complies with any legal or data protection policies.
- Report on recruitment trends and retention levels in line with the boards expectations.
- Review and manage preferred suppliers, ensuring at all times we are receiving the most competitive fees and outstanding service delivery.
- Ensure all candidates receive timely feedback and are kept informed of the recruitment process throughout their experience with the Company.
- Represent HR and participate in various internal groups and committees across the organisation as required.
- Monitor recruitment trends on the project and provide management information on Key Performance Indicators to the Head of HR and Director of Engineering and Construction as appropriate and any other recruitment related statistics for internal or external purposes as required.
- Participate in graduate fairs when becomes appropriate.
- To undertake other tasks as agreed with the Director of Engineering and Construction.
Skills, capabilities & knowledge:
The jobholder will be expected to maintain close and effective personal working relationships at all levels of the Project. The communication skills required include the ability to communicate complex and sensitive information. Specific skills include:
- Experience in agency regulation relating to contracting staff in the construction and Engineering sector.
- Demonstrable experience in a recruitment environment ideally with both In House and agency experience.
- Experience in head hunting/executive search.
- Experience of managing a recruitment process from beginning to end.
- Experience of using a variety of attraction methods, online recruitment channels and social media.
- Have proven experience of managing and delivering large scale recruitment projects.
- Have experience of building and maintaining Master Vendor relationships/preferred supplier relationships.
- Can interview competently at different levels.
- Have sound market knowledge of remuneration and reward packages in the engineering and construction field.
- Have experience of using a candidate applicant tracking tool linked to an HR Information system, Ideally Octopus.
- Fully conversant and up-to-date with all aspects of employment law and HR best practice.
- Experience at recruitment interviewing and assessment at a senior level and an understanding of engineering and construction recruitment.
- Ability to work autonomously and flexibly.
- Influencing, persuading, coaching and negotiating skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and present reports to director level.
- Pro-active and self-motivated.
- Excellent planning and organisation skills to meet deadlines.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office applications, email and the Internet.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Co-operative and supportive team player.
If you would like to apply for this role please send your CV with a one page covering letter and completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please.