Purpose of the role:
To assist the Development Director and Development Manager in managing a busy schedule, ensuring efficiency at all times and supporting the Tidal Lagoon Swansea Bay (TLSB) Development Team. With a large network of stakeholders to address, the role will require assistance in prioritisation and filtering of follow-up appointments and tasks, summary notes on key topic papers and liaison with other team members.
The aim of the TLSB Development Team is to provide an open and accessible interface between the construction project and the local community including stakeholders at all levels. Main activities will include:
- Dissemination of information about the construction phase;
- Ensuring the local community is informed of procedures;
- Building upon stakeholder engagement through existing partnerships and community groups and expanding awareness of the projects benefits
- Supporting engagement and communications with all relevant working groups, to include:
- Industry Advisory Group;
- Supply Chain;
- Art & Culture
- Sport & Recreation
- Education; and
- Active Supporters Group
From time to time there may be a requirement to assist the engagement team on future lagoon consultation events throughout Wales and UK.
Key responsibilities & accountabilities:
- Act as first point of contact for the Swansea Office.
- Manage the Development Director and Development Managers diaries and travel arrangements efficiently.
- Provide administration/secretarial support to the Development Director and Development Manager; prepare documents and presentations using Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Manage and maintain emails and correspondence.
- Coordinate team meetings, take minutes and follow up with action plans for named individuals
- Manage and co-ordinate events
- Maintain and manage research programs
- Gather information and collate reports where necessary
- Assist with engagement/ consultation process and accompanying documentation
- Detailed note recording in appropriate planning process format and using the appropriate record database
- Assist the Development Manager with the management of the Swansea Office
- Manage the office petty cash and credit card
- Manage the Swansea project Facebook page
- Prepare copy for the Swansea page on the Tidal Lagoon Power website
- Update the Swansea page on the Tidal Lagoon Power website as necessary
Any other administration tasks as required
Skills, capabilities & knowledge:
- Excellent communication skills and phone manner essential
- Highly organised and efficient
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good financial management skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications, knowledge of e-marketing tools and Publisher is desirable.
- Professional and punctual
- Preferably with an interest in / generic understanding of renewable energy
- Welsh speaker desirable
If you would like to apply for this role please send your CV with a one page covering letter and completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please.